To give users timely access to their data, you need DB2 Connect to be
configured and functioning properly. If everything is running correctly, your users and
applications can access their data when they need it with peak availability, reliability and
performance. With ManageWare, you dont have to hire and train additional administrative
resources to manage and monitor your middleware solution manually. ManageWare alerts
you to possible problems often before users are aware of them.
ManageWare gives you the ability to monitor and administrate your middleware from the
same console that supports your other applications, operating systems and databases. The
ESI Software IBM DB2 Connect KM enables optimum availability and reliability via
continuous monitoring. The KM features automated e-mail and paging, automated recovery
actions, historical performance analysis and sophisticated troubleshooting features.
- Manage the heterogeneity and diversity of the application
- Optimize limited IT resources from budget constraints
- Provide proactive and corrective actions and notification to
maintain business availability
- Focus on core competencies instead of allowing IT requirements
to consume internal resources
improves the level of manageability for applications and increases
availability by reducing unplanned downtime. This occurs via a
paradigm shift from a reactive management style to a proactive mode
around early detection, notification, and correction.
Key Features &
- Detects potential DB2 Connect problems, triggering automatic escalation of
warnings and alarms including e-mail and pager notification of support personnel.
- Increases administrator productivity by enabling proactive management, problem
diagnosis and troubleshooting using our expert help accumulated through years of
middleware consulting experience.
- Provides response-time monitoring to enhance administrators understanding of
performance levels and helps them identify performance bottlenecks.
- Provides a uniform, graphical front-end via a centralized console, eliminating the
need to learn multiple management tools.
- The monitoring solution for DB2 Connect links to additional Knowledge Modules
including DB2 UDB-EEE and OS/390, to complete the enterprise-wide monitoring
- Manageware for DB2 Connect(pdf)
- Manageware for DB2 Connect Presentation (this is a pre-recorded slide show, press "Start" to view)(ppt)
- ManageWare User Guide for DB2 Connect (pdf)